No major investment around changing the direction of the organization that requires capital should not happen without the influence of MarketDial being used to test whether it’s going to be effective or not. Ensuring it is embedded into our processes and our disciplines is by far the most important thing that we’re doing right now.”
Doug Frank, Head of Space and Insights for Supermarkets and General Manager of Data and Analytics, Woolworths
MarketDial assists grocers in building accurate and effective in-store experiments. Grocers use the MarketDial platform across multiple departments to answer these questions and more.
Pricing and Promotions
- How do different promotions impact sales, margins and units?
- Are there some promotions that are more effective than others?
- What impact do changes in price have on the business?
- How does price elasticity vary by category or customer segment?
Loyalty and Customer Experience
- Do loyalty programs improve site programs?
- How do new business initiatives impact the customer experience?
- Do certain customers respond to loyalty efforts better than others?
- What types of loyalty benefits are most effective with customers?
Visual Merch and Store Planograms
- Which types of visual merchandising are the most effective?
- Is the incremental investment in visual merchandising worth it? Does changing the site layout, flow, and design improve site and/or category performance?
Operations and Labor/Staffing
- How do site employees and site ops impact site performance?
- How does the way a site is staffed and managed impact sales and conversion?
- Are increases in labor spend ROI positive?
- How does a reduced wait time at checkout impact customer satisfaction?